You probably know the holidays are a great time to network. I’ve even written about why. But I also know what you’ve just been through. A week of all-nighters, cramming for exams and eking out term papers. The last thing you probably want to do is head home and start setting up informational interviews.
So, instead, here are nine easy (read: online) things you can do to avoid underachiever’s guilt and get your parents off your back. Happy holidays from me to you 😉
- Add this semester’s classes and accomplishments to your resume.
- While you’re at it, update LinkedIn.
- Write down one great story from the semester that you could use in an interview.
- Subscribe to five career-relevant blogs.
- Upload your best assignments to SlideShare or Scribd.
- Find 10 career-relevant people to follow on Twitter.
- Not on Twitter? Get on Twitter.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Identify three people to ask for informational interviews next semester. (Hey, I didn’t say networking wasn’t part of the plan; I just said you don’t have to do it now.)