Who says job searching has to be all stress and no fun? This segment is about getting the weekend off to a good start by sharing some of the funny things that a recruiter named Stephanie Lloyd posts on Twitter during the week.
She posts under the name JobSnob and tweets examples of what NOT to do and say in interviews and on cover letters and resumes. Her posts make you laugh and feel better about yourself at the same time. Enjoy!
- What *not* to say in an interview “I prefer setting my own pace. When things get slack I like the right to walk out and get a haircut.”
- What *not* to put in your cover letter: “I want a boss of average height, not too tall, though not strangely small.”
- What *not* to put in your cover letter: “My boss hates me and wants me to leave.” via nothired.com
On Twitter, there is a thing called #followfriday, where you post several people you recommend others follow and why. Obviously, I recommend you follow @JobSnob, but there are tons of other great people to follow, as well. These people are constant sources of Web 2.0 help and advice.
- Irene Koehler– LinkedIn expert and blogger at Almost Savvy
- Mashable– founder of Mashable, “the social media guide”
- Twitter_Tips– exactly what it sounds like
Who do you follow for a good laugh or Web 2.0 advice? Leave your recs in the comments!