Still a little unsure about LinkedIn? Now the company itself has decided to produce a guide about how to get started using it.
It’s a three-step guide to creating and building your LinkedIn presence.
- Present yourself – explains how to build your profile
- Get connected – explains how to connect and join groups (there’s is also a Class of 2009 group!)
- Build the good word – explains why your LinkedIn reputation matters and how to build it
The page also has “advanced” options, like how to use applications and research companies.
Of course, there are also tons of articles about using LinkedIn to find a job and network. Here are some of my favorites:
- Ten Ways to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job – Guy Kawasaki
- How to Get Started with LinkedIn – Jake Swearingen (BNET)
- LinkedIn and Your Job Search – Alison Doyle
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job – Liz Ryan