Tar Heels in Transit isn’t just about providing Web 2.0 job search information; it’s also about helping UNC seniors connect with each other and (hopefully!) with future employers. It’s about building a supportive community, where you can ask questions, share resources and tell your story to other students and employers. Here are some of the ways to get involved!
- Ask career-related questions. I’ll research the topic and post what I find, along with a brief bio of the asker.
- Leave a comment to answer someone else’s question or contribute to the discussion. Be sure to include your full name and links to any Web sites you have. (Comments are Google-searchable.)
- If you’re using Web 2.0 platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs) for your job search, send me your links and professional bio (include what kind of job you’re looking for). I’ll post the info to the “UNC Seniors” page.
- Send a story idea or job tip. I’ll post the item and your links/bio.
- Write a guests post about your job search strategies, tactics and successes. You’ll get a byline, bio space and links to your various Web sites.
If you can think of other ways to get involved, leave a comment and let me know!